Summary of requirements to obtain a marriage license in Connecticut:
The information below is offered as a guide only, you should contact the city/town hall of the city or town you are going to get married in, and ask them for the latest requirements - ask for the town clerk.
List of Connecticut Towns and Cities web sites.
- The legal age for marriage in Connecticut is 18. If you are under the age of 18, parental consent is required.
- A marriage license can often be obtained the same day, but check local requirements.
- Both parties must appear in person with identification at the town or city office responsible for marriage licenses in the municipality in which the ceremony will take place.
- Bring with you: date of the marriage; name, address, and telephone number for each individual; $30 for the Marriage License; parents' names (including mothers' maiden names) and places of birth.
- The marriage license is valid for 65 days.
- The fee for a marriage license is $30.