Requirements to obtain a marriage license in Connecticut:
- Both parties have to appear in person to apply for the license.
- A valid state issued ID, driver's license, passport, or military ID is required.
- You need to apply at the city/town hall (clerk's office) where the ceremony will be held.
- Non-residents also need to apply at the ceremony's city/town hall.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- From 16-18, consent from parent or guardian is required.
- Under 16, a probate court judge must endorse the license in writing.
- License is valid for 65 days.
- Fees vary, but are usually around $50.
How to apply for a marriage license in the following CT cities and towns: